Kaiku Health is looking for a Data Scientist to join our product team in Helsinki. You will take part in building our next generation digital patient monitoring and guidance platform that improves the outcomes of cancer treatments.
Nurses and physicians use the product to manage patients’ treatment journeys, follow patients’ symptoms and quality of life, and communicate with patients about their treatments. We value quality software as we’re building a product that will be used by people of all ages with varying skills. You would be working in a team that is a mix of design, engineering, data science, and medical professionals.
As a Data Scientist you will work in cooperation with our engineering team, medical science team and product management to build production grade machine learning systems and to draw insights from data to benefit our users including both cancer patients and health care professionals. You will also participate in our machine learning and data science related R&D activities including academic research conducted jointly with our partner clinics and hospitals. We value earlier experience in the medical field but it is not required.
Interested? Great, we can’t wait to hear from you! Apply by sending your CV, application, or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information and questions please contact email@example.com.
What we expect from you
- 2+ years of experience in the field of data science, especially in machine learning from concepts to implementation
- Experience with Python and libraries such as pandas, scikit-learn and Flask
- Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Experience in academic research is a plus
- Experience in web development and with Ruby on rails, SQL, analytics pipelines, R or Docker is a plus
- Understanding of modern software development tools and technologies
- You communicate fluently in English (Finnish, German and/or Swedish is a plus).
What we offer you
- High ownership of your work in a humane, respectful and open organization
- Meaningful work that has real-life impact on cancer patients’ well-being
- Occupational health care service and an extended private healthcare insurance
- Possibility for remote working