Kaiku Health is looking for a Data Engineer to join our product team in Helsinki. You will take part in building our next generation digital patient monitoring and guidance platform that improves the outcomes of cancer treatments.
Nurses and physicians use the product to manage patients’ treatment journeys, follow patients’ symptoms and quality of life, and communicate with patients about their treatments. We value quality software as we’re building a product that will be used by people of all ages with varying skills. You would be working in a team that is a mix of design, engineering, data science, and medical professionals.
As a Data Engineer you will work in cooperation with our engineering team, medical science team, data science, and product management to build production grade data pipelines from internal and external systems, to provide insightful data for other teams and customers to develop further their solutions. You will work in our Clinical Platform team which is a cross functional team of software developers, ux designers and product management. The team develops and maintains our integration platform, ETL pipeline and analytics systems you would be contributing to. We value earlier experience in the medical field but it is not required.
Interested? Great, we can’t wait to hear from you! Apply by sending your CV, application, or portfolio to email@example.com. For additional information and questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
What we expect from you
- 4+ years of experience in the field of software engineering
- Experience with Python or Ruby, ETL pipelines, SQL, analytics tools (such as Chartio, Snowflake, Tableau, etc…),
- Understanding of modern software development tools and technologies (git, continuous integration, issue tracking, software testing, etc.)
- You communicate fluently in English.
You get extra points if you have
- Experience with database modelling, and understanding how to positively impact data quality, data completeness and data integrity
- Experience in web development and with Ruby on Rails or other frameworks
- Familiarity in different integration and API patterns, such as REST, RPC, SOAP
- Finnish, German and/or Swedish languages
What we offer you
- High ownership of your work in a humane, respectful and open organization
- Meaningful work that has real-life impact on cancer patients’ well-being
- Occupational health care service and an extended private healthcare insurance
- Possibility for remote working